Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spanish Service in Tetouan

In Tetouan, I was unsure about going to see another movie as I felt like doing something different. I passed by the church around 645pm and saw the door wide open.  It was clear what I was suppose to do-service.

There is only one church in Tetouan with the service being in Spanish with attendees being Italian and Spanish. It was so nice being able to understand the service and what was going on as I have become accustomed to French service. It was such a lovely, simple service consisting of about 15 people and three priests.  Two young girls were playing the guitar in the front and singing. The priests came around and shook hands with each and every person and I shook the hands with the nuns.  There was a such a real connection and spritual presence of the priests, which felt really good.
As the service was ending, we did something different towards the end. We followed the priests around the church one by one until we reached the prayer area. This was the time to pray for those loved ones who had passed away. I was silent and I sat and observed everyone around me-the girls in the front with such beautiful stillness and spiritual presence.
It was so nice being part of a service, which again I could understand. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment