Thursday, April 4, 2013

Casablanca Easter 2013

Back from the North, I had come back to work with a couple students, but I mainly returned to celebrate Easter in my church-Notre Dame Cathedral.
Arriving at my usual time, my normal seat was occupied.  As I looked around, I saw that each and every spot was filled. I circled around and sat in the front near a few French couples. While I could not see much, it was a better seat for me because I was closer to the priests and I love to feel their presence next to mine.
It was clearly a special day, beautiful flower arrangements were set up in the front and most people were dressed very nice for the occasion. Africans were wearing their traditional outfits and headpieces, which consisted of bright colors and different kinds of patterns. The French were dressed conservatively and two older French women wore matching beige dresses-cute. The nuns were wearing their normal attire and they looked lovely as always. The priests were wearing beige robes with Jesus and Mary on the back.   I wore a light pink cardigan and a purple top, but I felt underdressed.  Easter is a big day for me and one of my favorite days of the year.   If this was the US, I would have bought a new dress-most likely beige, light pink, or poca dots which I feel suit Easter the best.
My church does a wonderful job on special occasions and Easter was no exception.  The choire sang, “Allejuiah” and everyone waived their arms back and forth. We held each others hands and sang together in French. Having a different angle on the church, I sat and watched the faces of everyone so captivated and so present with the words of the priest. The priest came around and made sure to shake everyone’s hand-as they usually do.  The choire was singing wonderfully as usual and they were so happy and alive.  A couple of my favorite boys in the chorie were doing their usual African dancing. The choire make it a special service and so do the priests.  They always add a bit of light humor in the service, which I enjoy.  While I understand the common prayers by now in French, I cannot fully understand the priest’s words, but it did not matter.
 It was Easter Sunday-a day for my lord and Savior Jesus Christ. As I sat and stared at the cross, I was happy and I was 100 percent spiritually present feeling the spirit of my higher power inside me. It was a beautiful moment feeling our deep connection.
Easter is celebrated all over the world from Iraq to Germany to Mexico to USA to Morocco. This articles is amazing as it captures photos of ceremonies from
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
AMEN TO THE MOST IMPORTANT DAY OF THE YEAR
 

No comments:

Post a Comment