Sunday, December 9, 2012

But I love you

Continent to continent,the love saga continues in Morocco with men claiming their love for me when they do not even know me.   It is quite entertaining and gives me something to write about, but it can be a bit annoying of course.

An apartment agent who I found to be friendly and nice at first quickly took a turn down love lane thinking that we were life partners.
When you think they are just your friends, they suddenly surprise you and leave you laughing and speechless or annoyed saying to yourself,
 "Here we go again."  

It is important to note the term "friend" is used quite loosely in Morocco and yes, around the globe, with men.  This was discussed in my previous blog about the male and female attraction(this is a whole topic that fascinates me and may turn into a whole book-stay tuned).
Females being friends with males in Morocco is near impossible.  Many people I think we are "just friends” this may equal "just interested"
Instead of being direct about it, they are quite indirect and catch me off guard leaving me to have to end the friendship if it is awkward.

Anyways, Mr. Tazi was a man who showed me a decent apartment in the Maarif extension.  After a nice Moroccan breakfast at Santa Monica café with my buddy Rachid (real friend) , a bald man dressed nicely(80 percent of men have nice style in Morocco) approached me, mid thirties, and comes up to our table speaking French.   He had a kind smile and found him to be an innocent, Moroccan admirer (they are sweet, innocent, and make cute gestures that are harmless and make you laugh not angry).

While I was not interested in this apartment, he said he would help me look for apartments until I find the perfect one (promises, promises, promises).  I would like to emphasize that when you come somewhere alone you are vulnerable and you might just overlook what is really happening i.e (Tazi in love!)

Throughout the week, Tazi would make appointments with me and not follow through on meeting.  His messages were always so funny mixed with broken English and romance,
“Madam Priscilla, I find apartment for you are Princess.”

“I find you apartment and we can be together forevvveer just me and youuuuuuu.”
When I met with him to see a place, he said the person with the key was not there and suggested that we go have dinner together.  I wondered if he really had any apartments for me to see or if he just wanted to see me.  What a waste of time for a girl looking for a place to live. 

After a few days, I decicided to nicely phase him out telling him I had other people helping me, which is true- I had about 5 people actually helping and 10 that said they “wanted to help me.”
The apartment search continues.....

No comments:

Post a Comment