Sunday, December 2, 2012

And there he was…My Prince Charming of Morocco

Staying at the East and West hotel, it is connected to the Irish Pub a nice, little neighborhood bar in the posh area of Gauthier.  Since I have not been drinking practically at all FOR THE PAST 1-2 YEARS(I highlight this because people think all I do is drink and party-false),
Anyways, I did not care much about going there, but I knew it would be a good place to socialize and meet new friends.  I already had made some friends with the hotel staff and they all work in the bar since it is connected.  I approached the bar and just stood there chatting with my favorite friend Nawfel, who is the bar manager there and the other staff were standing around smiling and entertained by my comical apartment experiences.  Sometimes they can not even understand me, but they are always sweet and supportive-love them.

Standing in front of the bar where the waiters stand ,  I saw someone staring at me from the corner of my eye.  I did not make any eye contact with him and just continued on with my conversation.  He was wearing a button down white shirt, standing against the wall with a drink in his hand, and his two friends sitting on the opposite side of the table.  My friends scattered away from the bar leaving me alone and I gravitated toward their table.  He caught my eye and asked if I would like to sit and join them for a drink. 

Being a happy newcomer  to Casa, I was excited to just talk to some new people and make new friends.  Mr. Casa spoke of his job, his desire to go to the US, and his interest in psychology.  I shared my view on the US and the materialism and my interest in Morocco and the beauty of the people.  His friends seemed quite impressed with my words, but Mr. Casa did not say much and looked a bit aloof- a common quality of past boyfriends.   His friend, Mr. Sambuca, was a bit drunk and we had fun joking about him as he was discussing random topics.  We had a nice dynamic going and they said they would take me out to their favorite place that Friday. Mr. Casa gave me his business card and told me to give him a call. He had this mysterious way about him and a familiar presence.  The presence of Mr. Bigg that suave, sophistication, soft spoken, and very polite…maybe I should have not accepted his card when I felt these similarities, but I took it with an interest in having new friends and a wonder about who this man was...…this man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment