Sunday, December 23, 2012

Priscilla Finds An Apartment

Most of my apartment hunting had been conducted with a friend a couch surfer, a co-worker, a new friend, alone, but save the best for last.  My last apartment visit was with my good luck charm-Mr. Casa. Since I had been apartment hunting, I had never asked him to go with me to see an apartment, but one Casablanca night I asked him to meet me and come check it out.  The agent spoke English so there was not a language barrier, but he showed up. 

Before I was looking for apartments, I had a vision of what I wanted.  A nicely, furnished apartment with marble counter tops, a big terrace, freshly painted, new appliances, Moroccan furniture with an Arabian nights kind of feel, a fresh scent, and peaceful neighborhood.

I was greeted at the door by a kind Muslim lady with the warmest smile like sunshine-she was so sweet.  While I was presenting with a poker face and a kind smile, I was secretly smiling huge at Mr. Casa saying, “Omg, omg, omg.” I was excstatic that I finally found my apartment.  I knew when I first walked in that this was “My apartment and my new HOME.” Wow, what a feeling after traveling for one year- what a feeling!
It had  two bedrooms so I had to find a roommate or just keep the extra room for myself, which was fine for me because I am so independent and not interested in a roommate. Mr. Casa joked about moving in, which I did not find funny and I was not interested in the idea.  But I expected he would be spending a lot of time there with me.  His insecurities blossomed when I finally moved in my apartment. He thought that I would have my new apartment, my new life, and just forget about him-uhh not exactly Mr. Insecure.

Anyways, the pink and purple walls, everything is brand new and built from scratch. Here is Mr. Casa sleeping on the couch.
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments: