Sunday, December 2, 2012

Pris and The Three Stooges Go Apartment Hunting


There is Hassan- the nice Arabic singer

Hicham-the original one I called about the ad who speaks no English, but he tried with little phrases like “I love India”  “How are youuuu”

Salim- He always looks angry, but he is actually really a nice person

And my favorite Mustafa- a big, dark skinned overweight guy with a Hawaiian shirt that he barely fits into.  He is so sweet and friendly with his kind smile and double chin. I walk through the streets asking Hicham and Hassan “Where is my Mustafa?” He is coming Priscilla. He is coming. My Mustafa tried so hard to work a deal on a beautiful furnished apartment right in the city center.  It was a studio fit for Marliyn Monroe-everything brand new with a bedroom fit for a Queen and a Moroccan style living room with a gigantic flat screen.  My little Mustafa, well I guess not literally little, tried to work the French lady down, but the 1000Dh discount was not flying with this lady.

Mustafa apologized and said he would try his best to find an apartment in the city center.  We sat on the street corner all looking puzzled, our hands on our hips, and our hands on our chins- Where can we go next? They were such a sweet group of guys who were genuinely trying to help me find something nice, but affordable. They tried to show me a couple other places, but up they were like rhinestones compared to a diamond.

When you take a bite out of the sweetest tasting fruit, it is hard to settle for jam

Often, I had to laugh to myself about how comical all this was and thought about, “Where are the video cameras, really?” Priscilla speaking Engija and trying to negociate on prices with three characters and a big, friendly, fat man in a Hawaiian shirt with no neck-really this was comedy central. 

Thank you to my apartment clan who made me laugh and smile, but I found my apartment all by myself… and with the touch of an angel

No comments:

Post a Comment