Sunday, December 23, 2012

Somebody Call 911

After my wall incident, I had a pain a strong pain in the back of my head.  The only time this “headache” came about was at the worst time possible…with Mr. Casa. Whenever I would kiss him or begin to feel “happy”, the headache came.  We used to laugh about it and thought it was quite funny. 

But one night it was not so funny, I was in the grocery store and the sharp, excruciating pain came to the back of my head. It was so sudden and literally throbbing that I fell down to the floor. I took a taxi to the local hospital and was shouting at the front desk guy “English please.” He gave me a number and directed me to the ER doors. At first glance, the injuries, the smell, and the sick people-made me almost throw up. 

While I popped 3 pain pills at the grocery store, I went to the pharmacy and took three more. A total of six. I have no interest in taking medication and use the most natural remedies I can. I am not even used to experiencing such pain so I panicked, popped some pills, and cried the tears of a ten year old girl.   

Mr. Casa came to my rescue in the rain. He held me while I cried on his shoulder and we walked a bit together.  The feeling of his warm embrace was priceless-you can not replace that feeling with a cookie, a movie, or a drink. It is the feeling of support-something I am constantly missing in my life.  IT felt so good-addicting one might even say. 

He stayed with me by my side all night and instead of being thankful- I was being a bit of a brat and a hypochondriac concerned that something was really wrong with me.  I was thinking that I had to go back to the US- wanting to go back to the states to see my Best New York doctors. This experience with my head and the chest pain I had been experiencing from second hand smoke lead me to believe that I am going to die.  I was in a state of panic that there was something really wrong with me.  When I look back I was being quite an American brat. I have a couple health problems (when I usually have none) and I act like it is the end of the world-grow up Priscilla! I was privileged in the US, which causes me to develop an attitude and make unfair comparisons about healthcare and assume the worst.  (hey at least I am honest about it!)

I would like to add that I am not the type who has medical problems and goes in and out of hospitals AT ALL. But to him, it must have appeared that I was some crazy hypochondriac always having healthproblems –this is really not the case.

 When you are healthy and you have actual things start to happen, you can’t predict how you are going to respond-sometimes it’s just a natural reflex…

No comments:

Post a Comment