Sunday, December 23, 2012

Priscilla Hits A Brick Wall

One night I decided to meet up with my friend Adil(a friend who works for a great NGO in Casa).
We went out to a couple random bars in the medina and then we ended up back in Gauthier near the Irish pub.  My NGO friend always makes me laugh and we joke about him and all his girlfriends and his crazy lifestyle-no romantic connection (that was how I looked at it of course).  I wanted to be out in Casa, meet people, and not glue on to Mr. Casa so I went out like a normal person would do when coming to a new city. 

After a few glasses of wine and a lot of laughs, we decided to go continue our night at the Irish Pub.  I only wanted to go there to hear some jazz or blues music so I left the guys outside and walked in to check out the music.  Right as I walked in someone was walking right out- Mr. Casa.

I said, “Ohhh, Hi” with a very suspicious look on my face-this suspicious look was me having two glasses of wine and embarrassed (when you stop drinking and you drink two glasses of wine it feels like 5). Both of us did not mention we were going out after.  He left and I went back outside to report to the boys about the music. He was standing next to Mr. Vespa’s vespa.  His head was down and I could see the hurt in his eyes- I told my friends I was going to stay and told them to go home.  I walked over to the bike to tell Mr. Casa I was going to stay inside and go talk to Nawfel (the person who makes me feel happy no matter what happens)-Irish is my safety place.  Mr. Casa was not happy with this decision and drove off into the night.
I sat and I described my bad day of apartment hunting to Nawfel while continuing with wine (poor coping skills of a bad day) Why I could not do this with Mr. Casa? Why did I have to run off with others?

TRUTH: Priscilla had a rough day of apartment hunting and just wanted to unwind.

I decided to stop by his apartment after to discuss this matter.  Not finding the light in the stairway, I made my own attempts to walk in the dark. 1,2,3, 4, and WALL. I banged my head so hard against the brick wall (the first time this happened was in Paris 5 years ago except that time I ended up with a bloody lip and a lot of people trying to help).

And this is how the head pain began….

No comments:

Post a Comment