Monday, February 11, 2013

An Extra Half Inch Of Smile


There is something special about the children in Morocco and it comes from their smile. Each time I see a child I observe this adorable extra half or maybe quarter inch that shines bright. Over the smallest things comes such a beautiful smile, which makes their happiness shine onto you. For instance, the kids in my neighborhood like to play on the street in front of my house. It can get a bit loud with the "Moroccan futbol mania" and I get a bit annoyed by the noise. I , especially get annoyed with the one boy with a smart alec attitude. He is the "mean boy" of the pack and the rest of the kids are apologetic and well behaved. Of course, I  know this boy is special and a bit troubled so I understand.  But there is one boy, about five years old, Hicham,  one who always has this special smile on his face, which makes me feel calm. When I look at that smile, I tell myself, "Okay, Okay." I move on and just let it go.

Kids often hold a special place in my heart, but they can also annoy me at the same time depending on the context. In the context of work, I adore them always, they challenge me, and they make me better. Oh the memories of these wonderful children with beautiful smiles- I will always remember you and hope you have an unconscious memory flare up of me from time to time.

 
                              Keep Smiling Moroccans, Keep Smiling=)

No comments:

Post a Comment