Friday, February 1, 2013

Chicago and Casablanca are Sisters

Until moving to Casablanca, I had never known the connection between Casablanca and my own hometown-Chicago. Chicago has 28 sister cities including: Milan, Delhi, Bogota, Warsaw, Athens, Hamburg, Kyiv, Lucerne, Moscow, Prague, Paris, Casablanca, and more.
Casablanca has been a sister city of Chicago since 1982 establishing a great connection to bridge social, cultural, and educational projects.  

Living in Chicago, I met some great Moroccans within my community, which lead me to take such an interest in the Moroccan culture.  It would make sense that this strong alliance between the two cities had a positive impact on the community. 

For more specific information see this link describing the History of Moroccans in Chicago
Unfortunately, I was unable to copy it over for people to read.

http://www.chicagosistercities.com/cities/h_casablanca.php


 

No comments:

Post a Comment