Saturday, February 9, 2013

Good Things Come to Those Who Work

One day when meeting with my student who is the President of a Marketing company, she is talking about her work and her busy schedule and she mentions that "Successful people must wake up at 7am." I tell her, "I wake up at 8 so I guess that knocks me out." She laughs and I laugh, but I believe in her statement. To be successful, you have to make the most of the day and that means waking up early. There is no way of getting around it, but success means waking up, being responsible, and being an adult.

On the other hand, another lovely student of mine says, "Success soley comes from hard work and eventually it will pay off." While hard work does contribute to success, waking up early also adds into the equation.  A person may work hard, but this does not necessarily mean they will become successful. It depends on many other factors and it also depends on how "success" is being defined.  Overall, success is correlated with money therefore this would not mean that all people who work hard make a lot of money. My cute student says, "No money, No honey." 
That about sums it up as this post could keep going defining how we become successful=) 

2 comments: