Saturday, February 9, 2013

Bombay Palace

Tuesday, February 5 Bollywood Night

First of all, this post is mainly to promote my new Indian friends restaurant, Bombay Palace, which is located near the Twin Center. I had been hearing the buzz about his new restaurant, therefore I decided to stop in and chat with my fellow Indian friend.( Oh How I love my Indians).

I was greeted by a short, Indian man with glasses and a cute, little sweater vest, and sitting at the back table was his wife smiling. She looked like a beautiful Bollywood woman-the ones you see in movies. I commented on her beauty and he said, "She's not Indian-shes Moroccan." I could not believe it because she looked like an Indian woman
(My other friend as well has an Indian look and spirit to her-you will find this with the Indian and Moroccan similarities I mentioned previously).

My little Indian friend is from Mumbai and he previously owned two Indian restaurants in Paris, but he left due to the poor economy. His wife is Moroccan, which explains his reasoning for being in Morocco. We speak a bit about Moroccan culture and having a business. I try to give him suggestions for marketing and tell him that delivery would give his business a big boost. He says exactly what I believe, "I just take things slow one day at a time." 

While he would like to have delivery, it takes him time to find the right person he can trust-a difficult find in Morocco-the right employee who is honest and trustworthy.  His competition is the Indian Palace, which is in Racine, but he says, "My restaurant is not fancy inside, but the food is good. Good food, good service, and good price-the customer like this."(In a thick Indian accent-so cute).

Of course Igbal(his name) asks the million dollar question, "Why Morocco?" And I respond with my "new place, new experience line." He comments on how courageous I am to be out here alone and I thank him for being so kind. I tell him that I will come back again soon, which I will try to give as much business as I can-I love and miss my Indian food!! I took my Palak Panneer, naan, basmati rice and extra spice ACHA and went on my way.

On the street, I bought the new Sharuk Khan movie, Jab Taak Hai Jaan, for 5DH, which is like 60 cents-oh the black market in Morocco-oh so convenient and such impressive quality. When you a buy a newly released movie on the streets in the US, it is horrible quality-the sound is muffled and you hear people talking in the background.  They take the video cameras and actually record in the movie theater-it is hillarious for me to think of someone sitting in their chair with a video camera in their hand? 

Anyways, it was one nice Bollywood night=)


Bombay Palace
N°7 angle rue Al Kassar et Abou Abbass Sebti - Mâarif
Casablanca

No comments:

Post a Comment