Saturday, February 9, 2013

It's All About the Marketing Baby

Puff Daddy said, “Its all about the Benajmins,” but in order to produce Benjamins one needs to market themselves as much as they can. Marketing can make or break your company. The right marketing can bring you business to a whole new level and bad marketing can leave you with little to no business. Thinking about social networking and businesses, I completely understand how beneficial these networks can be in today’s society and how important it is to utilize them to your benefit. While I do not like facebook and what it represents-this may or may not be a good marketing tool. Facebook can be used in a whole new way creating a business page and having no friends set up-this is the way it should be used-at least for myself. 

While people say that “Any exposure is good exposure." I do not necessarily agree with this statement, especially in my case where I am targeting a specific kind of clientele.  As a professional, you need to represent yourself and your brand in targeted fashion.  One can start off using different strategies and options, but will eventually figure out which ones work best. I find the best marketing is truly face to face contact and networking. You know who you are attracting and you build other relationships off that contact.
For me, marketing has never been something I studied or worked with and  the marketing I did for events, fundraisers/charity, and invites was always on Facebook. There are many things, which I learn day by day and trial and error. It truly is a learning experience as we can learn from everything.
 
                    Market, Market, Market=$$$$$


No comments:

Post a Comment