Saturday, February 9, 2013

Give Materialism to Get Materialism

Casablanca or "Casa Trash"(this sounds bad, but it is the term used in Casablanca) love their Materialism. They love to dress nice with the Ray Ban aviator sunglasses, excess makeup, a liter of perfume, flashy accessories, nice cars, iphones, and all the designer accessories.  As mentioned before, Casablanca is famous for fake designer labels and while many walk around with fake Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Fendi, etc- they still manage to think they are so cool. Even if it is a fake label or a real label, it is still the label, which is important to them.

They place significant value on materialistic things. These labels hold value and importance rather than focusing on ones education and background. Image is everything.  Again, this is catering to a specific clientele, which is the the wealthier Casa population
I bring this topic up yet again because I realize that in my business: I have to give a bit materialism to get the materialism in return. I have to present myself to their standards whether I like it or not. It is important to adapt to their "Cultural Casa standard."   They will look at the purse I am carrying rather than caring about the 100s of clients I have worked with over the years.
It is not that I do not agree with presentation in the business world as I am aware it is very important to dress the part.  This is coming from someone who used to wear the cutest business outfits from the age of 18(Oh again if I could just go shopping for one day in the US).

Anyways, I work with what I have here and present myself professionally at all times, but I need to add a dash of materialism to get the Moroccan’s 100 percent attention.  It's okay Casa I understand the focus on materialism is quite cultural and has been this way for years. It continues to grow and develop with the rest of the world, but the mentality of the people stay the same. 

Give them a bit of materialism and get it back in return=)

No comments:

Post a Comment