Monday, March 4, 2013

5 Month Anniversary Morocco

February 15, 2012

5 month anniversary on Friday, February 15th. I enjoyed some nice cous cous at my students lovely villa.  When they make cous cous in the home, it must be made with meat so I make the exception to eat chicken every once and a while for cous cous Friday. Moroccans enjoy different types of meat in their cous cous and chicken is not really their favorite.  When I request chicken for cous cous, most families will make a whole extra, huge plate of cous cous just for me. I end up sharing it with one other person, but still it is meant to be shared between 4-6 people. They are very sweet making an extra dish of cous cous just for me-very sweet.

In the nighttime, I went out with my friend Fatima and her family to the new Anfa place. Anfa place just opened and it is another mall(competitor of the Morocco Mall). It has the standard commercial stores, but it also offers a new selection of stores coming from Europe and US. At first glance, it is not that exciting, but it does have a pretty location right on the Corniche with a nice outdoor view.  We enjoyed some sushi and it was nice spending time with her family- her sister, his brother and his wife, and their daughter. It is always nice spending time with families.

After we went to Vanity, which has Salsa Fridays. While I was not too fond on going there, Fatima's dances salsa and enjoys going there to see her Salsa friends. I decided to just go for a bit and act interested, but I just did not feel like dancing salsa. The last time I danced salsa was with my neighbor, which was one of my best nights in Casa- just love dancing with him.
The scene had nice energy and dancing so it was enjoyable to watch, but after an hour I requested to move locations to Bourgeois, which is one of my favorite places mainly because the cute atmosphere.  There happened to a wedding event so they had  live singer who was quite entertaining. He sang Arabic music and then switched off to singing "Party Rock" anthem and Shakira. He must have been from the US or UK and he dressed like a rock star- cool guy and interesting to see. Fatima had to work early therefore we left. Not the most eventful night and not the most amazing time, but gotta get out and try....

No comments:

Post a Comment