Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Fasting to Be Romantic?


Fasting to be Romantic

Mr. NYC Casa is quite an interesting character. In New York, I seemed to have different opinions of him or perhaps his behaviour changes being in a Muslim country.  He started to fast two days a week, which is what Muslims are supposed to do according to Islam.  He fasts Mondays and Thursdays and therefore to be romantic- I decided to fast with him on Thursday. I did this for 3 weeks in a row. The first Thursday- I cheated and ate a grapefruit and then we broke the fast together. The second week I ate 10 almonds and the third week and I ate a few raw carrots.

He is disappointed with my cheating and eating the few things I did, but he does not understand that food is my biggest comfort and weakness. This fasting is good for me, not just him, because it builds strength and mind power over food. Although, I do think it is quite romantic and sweet. It sometimes seems like nothing is ever good enough for him. It is pretty much like I am dating my father, which I tell him and he does not like, but it is the truth. Freud says,
              We end up with someone who is similar to our father....

No comments:

Post a Comment