Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Fight or Flight


The famous psychological term I have written about previously is “Fight” of “Flight.” When is it time to fight and when is it time to give up and return to your safety nest. When we face challenges, we come to a point of the crossroads and the crossroads mean we make a choice to “fight”-acceptance and working with what you are given or “flight” escape from the challenge and start over somewhere else. When we choose “fight” we choose to build our character and listen to it. No matter how much market demand there is, I just sit and wonder today, “Can I make it alone?” I have come to the point in my life where I need love and support. We need this all the time, but now I feel like I need it now more than ever. It is a point in a woman’s life where they have a career that makes them happy, a man, or a passion. While I love working with my students and clients, it just feels like something is missing. I have the Laila Hasna Orphanage to do Psychology consulting, a new opportunity with George Washington Academy to do counselling and therapy with students, and I have my business.  But still I feel demotivated, I feel confused about my own purpose for being here.  It is fascinating how I have reverted to a child who just craves attention, love, and affection.

When these are missing from a young age, they present themselves at some point or another in life-and that point is now. It is definitely, really, and absolutely now. I need my friends, my family-real, human connections. Of course, my spiritual connection is the most important, but a real human connection of true affection is desired. Again, this is fascinating to psychoanalyze these missing supports and family connections and watch them play out-fascinating, but a bit disturbing because the person it is happening to is me...  

No comments:

Post a Comment