Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Would I Survive without Christianity?

Last night a dear friend of my Moroccan sweet heart asked the big question, "Would you convert to Islam?" For me, I believe that God unites us all whether Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, or Islam. Reading about Islam, learning about it, and living in a Muslim country-I always question and analyze the religion.  But actually converting to Islam from Christanity? I gave some thought to this question and responded with, "I would really, truly have to love someone to consider doing it."







Today, sitting in church I thought about that question again as I sat staring at my beautiful priests and the cross sitting in front of me. I self reflected on all the amazing and miraculous moments that we have shared together, the clients which he brings into my life year after year, our connection through nature trees, the ocean, the sky, mountains, fresh air, green grass, waterfalls, and hills.How could I ever, ever give all that up? The appreciation I have for my life, my purpose for being, my whole life perspective is shaped by our relationship-how could I ever, ever give that up?





What if all that stopped? What would I be left with and who would I be? What would my identity and purpose be without him? Would I still feel his love, his spirit, and our deep connection if I converted? To be honest, I do not think I would survive. It is him who continues to keep me alive and without him, I would not be Priscilla-I would be a stranger to my own reality.









Last night, I was joking about how Arabic men say when they truly love a woman, "You are my liver and intestines."(That is the translation, but it sounds better in Arabic of course). Well, God is my heart, my intestines, my liver, and my lungs. He is everything to me and he keeps me alive. He gives me hope on days of sadness. He brings people in and out my life whether in a small interaction or a friendship-it makes me believe, to inspire me, to encourage me, and give me a reason for living. They say the right things at just the right time and being in tune to these moments and the words from these people is my life-it lights up his spirit inside me....

I love my God and I love my Guru for life always, always, and forever......
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment