Thursday, March 28, 2013

Superficial Beauty


While people keep commenting on how “beautiful” I am-it is a comment that is sweet and flattering one would think, but I would much rather hear about the beauty of my being- not the superficial exterior of my being.  With all my hardwork over the years- learning, beliefs, ideas, and education-I would like this beautiful part to shine.  At 28, I would much rather someone comment on my intelligence, wit, charm, humour, passions, or writing.

Of course, things depend on context and environment where being dressed up may produce these comments, but overtime I have significantly reduced the materialism and the focus on exterior.  While I still love designers and looking good on the exterior, I have found and realized things that are much more important in life.  And the beauty truly lies in the inside..

Beauty is such a superficial thing, especially in Casablanca. Women spend hours and invest so much time into beauty. The perfect hair, the perfect makeup, and mostly fake designer things and at the end of the day it all comes off and you are left with just you.

Do you feel beautiful with your own true self or do you need beauty to define you? Beauty does not define me by any means. I am not a Bollywood  actress, a princess, or the most beautiful woman in the world. I am just me- an imperfect human being who tries her best to be myself. 

For real women, I believe their true beauty shines through their character and the simple things. You can see their beauty in a few wrinkles on their face, their smile, the feeling they give you of happiness, their intelligence, their passion and drive.  These women are beautiful in amazing ways that surpass an exterior of hair, makeup, and designer clothing. 

                    Wake up Casablanca and Redefine Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment