Thursday, March 7, 2013

Could this be True?


When Mr. NYC Casa came to Morocco, I held very low expectations for our potential to have an actual relationship. Mr. NYC Casa is always on the phone, always has somewhere to be, and he is almost always unavailable.  In New York, he made time for everyone else except me and he disappointed me over and over and over again.  He had said all these wonderful things and made all these plans for us before coming, but the chances of these things actualizing were slim to none for me.

From the bottom of my heart, I held some hope that just maybe things could be different and I also held another interesting perspective. What if the roles reversed with me now living in Morocco? What if it was him who called and I was the one busy with work? Being in Morocco and starting my own business, there is always some kind of work to be doing. Also, being in Morocco in “his territory”, he might just wonder about where I am going, who I know, and who my friends are. There is such a thing as a self-fulfilling prophecy yet again.  When you believe something will happen and it actually does happen....

We now talk and see each other almost everyday. I meet many of his friends and he includes me on his plans. He cares about how I am doing and want to see me and spend time with me.  He still has his suave mysterious way about him, but things have definitely changed for the better. The tables have turned or the roles have reversed and this is a great feeling. Sometimes it actually does not feel real because he is such a different person from what I knew in New York.  It feels like I am dreaming. Is he really here in Casablanca? Is this real or is all this happiness going to just fade away or break?

No comments:

Post a Comment