Monday, March 4, 2013

Everybody is Somebody in CASA

The famous statement in Casa is "I'm kind of famous or everybody kind of knows me or I know Mr. X and I know Mr. Y." It is fascinating how people feel the need to receive attention or receive some satisfaction from name dropping and materialistic things. 

The people that are SOMEBODY in my book are those that are truly "wealthy" or "successful", but humble and kind. But in Casa, you have to prove your wealth-this indicates wealth if you know Mr. X, if you drive a range rover, you dress nice, you live in a villa, etc.

Wake up people and see what is going on here-inability to accept ones self for their accomplishments and own personalities, but having to use contacts and materalisic things to boost ones own ego and self-confidence, especially for a man.  It is always amusing to witness myself mention someone's name and have a friend say, "Oh I know him." Somtimes they do not even know the first name, the last name, their full title position, but they just automatically respond with this "Yeah I know him." It is truly cultural phenomenon to respond so automatically. People are really trying to prove themselves and complete their own insecurities.  They put up a guard to block their real feelings and layer it with superficiality and place who you know as important to their identity.   

No comments:

Post a Comment