Thursday, March 7, 2013

Dinner at Rachid's

Dinners at Rachid’s are always, always “Bzeeeff” “J’aim dinners at Rachid’s.  Having Moroccan cooking in the home is the best experience and best tasting food. We had stuffed fish with vermicelli, harira, pastis, and various Moroccan appetizers. We all sit around the table and make silly jokes. Mr. NYC Casa and I smile up at one another on occasion while eating.  Nadia (Rachid’s wife) is so sweet, kind, and attentive to my needs. When we are eating fish she picks out the big white pieces of fish and puts them on my plate. She always gives me extra serving of food and smiles so sweetly. 

After our meals, we share tea, Moroccan cookies, and fruit. I watch Mr. NYC Casa as he eats in such a specific way- so adorable. Rachid sits with his English book and I sit with my Moroccan Arabic book.  I speak Darija and he practices his English and they laugh at my jokes and funny expressions.  Mr. NYC Casa smiles at me like there is no one else in the room with such adoration when I speak.  I love how he encourages me to speak Darijia.  It is such nice quality time in the home, which is where I want to be.

The home is where the heart is and my heart is in the home.

         Frutose, Number 1, Married life, our stupid inside jokes

 
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment