Thursday, March 28, 2013

Fight or Flight Part Deux

The common question I get from my friends is, “What are you doing out there?” While I know what I am doing, I also know that I have no desire to do it all alone. I keep telling Mr.NYC Casa, there is a huge market for me and he says we can work together, but he is too busy. He has his own businesses and he can barely make time for me let alone assist me.  While I have “friends”, I am really just alone at the end of the day. It is not a good feeling and without strong support my success rate is not very high at this point.

 Now it is the 6 month mark and I evaluate what I am doing here and will I continue.  While I do not believe in giving up, there just seems to be cultural differences I just can not fully adapt to at times. The fun and adventure  is losing its shine and it sometimes feels like I just need to live a normal life with friends and family who care for me-not men who say they care and treat me with disrespect.  

While I love my students and I am just building good networks and contacts, I have to measure up if it is all truly worth it at the end of the day. To Moroccan standards, I am making a lot of money and have potential to make more.  While there is a big market for me, I still need to feel a bigger motivation or purpose for being here. I sit and speak with people about their purpose, but what about mine? I am giving to others and working with them to help develop their education, careers, and lives, but what about my own?
 
                Is it time to stop the travelling and just go home?

No comments:

Post a Comment