Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Purifying the Soul

Again, another wonderful discussion with a fellow student on the meaning of the Koran and Islam. It is wonderful to see people breathing and speaking in their purpose.  His whole voice tone changes, his eyes light up, and he speaks quickly but confidently.  I tell him that I was reading the Koran and I find it to be quite interesting. His immediate response is that the Koran is completely different in English.  One can never receive the true or full meaning behind the Koran in English as the Arabic language it what makes it special. The Arabic language connects you to the Koran each and every time-“it purifies the soul” according to my student.  He tells me the Koran’s main function is for prayer and its second is for the future.  

He told me that Islam believes that Jesus is alive and he wil return to the earth and govern.  Mohammed is not God rather he is a prophet just like Jesus.  The individual relationship, which a person has with God is the most important relationship in Islam.  Islam hates democracy as it is one person who has to convince all. 

We start up and interesting discussion about Jesus and God. From his perspective, Jesus is still alive, but from mine Jesus is dead and worshipped. While this is my belief, I am open minded to thinking or analyzing his belief.  Is Jesus alive? While is it a difficult concept to grasp, is Jesus still alive? Is the Koran trying to tell us something about the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment