Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Eye Flutter- Whose Eyes on First?

Spending a Saturday night with Mr. NYC Casa and another “couple” (two friends of his).We went to Mr. NYC Casa’s favorite local cafe and were getting to know each other.  The boy, Mr. NYC Casa’s friend was 28 and the girl, 24. They were sweet, but quite young in nature. The girl was half Moroccan and half Spanish and her boyfriend was Moroccan. I do not mention their names because I had no interest in them, but someone was taking an interest and it was not me...

It happened to be the girl’s birthday so we went to have dinner together.  Of course, we went to the meat market-a place where I cannot eat anything.  Mr. NYC Casa always so in tune with my needs-not exactly.  We were making jokes in Arabic and the girl said she was pregnant with twins. Mr. NYC Casa always likes to joke around with me therefore I could not decipher between truth or a lie.  Instead of being honest, she was very convincing-a quality I did not like about her.  
We sang “Happy Birthday” in Arabic and Mr. NYC Casa made a video. As usual, he was so attentive to her needs and being so sweet to her-he truly is a good person and he genuinely cares about the needs of others. This is what makes me attracted to him, but often I get glimpses of it that comes and go. His true colors come out at times when least expected...

Instead of leaving, they spent time sitting and chatting in the parking lot.  His friend was speaking to him through the window and there was an awkward moment toward the end. His friend said, “You have beautiful eyes.” I responded, “Merci.” Usually, this would be the end of discussion, but Mr. NYC Casa and him just sat and stared at me smiling so big.  His friend just kept staring at me with such admiration. While I would like to think it was sweet-I found it to be a bit flirtatious. 

We decided to go back to my place to watch a movie i.e Priscilla watches a movie and everyone else engages in Arabic conversation. After talking and talking and more talking, Mohammed (the guy friend) went out on my balcony to have a cigarette. I decided to go outside and get some fresh air with him.  He said that he wanted to tell me the truth.

Priscilla: What truth?

Mohammed: Well, that girl and I are not married and we are not having a baby

Priscilla: Oh I see so the joke is on me.

Mohammed: I actually am not that interested in her and I am available.

Priscilla: Ohh I see

We go inside and I sit down and realize that they are all just sitting and joking with me all night.  This guy is interested in me and the girl is sitting and doing the eye flutter with Mr. NYC Casa-what is happening here?

The Eye Flutter- is defined by Priscilla as the batting of the eyes with an extra sparkle. It can be given by both men and women.  

It comes to the end of the my Bollywood 3 hour movie and Mr. NYC Casa acts interested in the movie, but continues to sit and talk and talk with this girl. Mr. NYC Casa speaks smoothly and softly with such sex appeal to his voice whether conscious or unconscious. Mr. NYC Casa says, “Ca Va?”  She was looking at him with big eyes and such innocence. There should only be one girl looking at him like that and it should be me.... I told them, “Hey you are missing the happy ending.” They just kept talking and were ignoring me and I shut off the TV and walk away. 
Was this the right reaction? Perhaps not, but he was being flirtatious and I did not like or trust either of them. Was I being ignored the whole night as they spoke for over 5 hours in Arabic and did not bother to speak English? Was he giving extraordinary amounts of attention to this girl?  Am I just being unaware of this scenario? Women are going to look at him like that as he produces this charm, suave, and sexiness about him.  It is me who has to calmly compose myself and handle it without flying off the handle (this just demonstrates weakness and decreases my points with him).
But what if I can’t be comfortable with the Eye Flutter from women? Will I become comfortable when we establish trust because right now it is still building.  While I am not the jealous type, I am jealous when I have a reason to be jealous. Perhaps, he was just being sweet and charming, but I did not know what he was saying...He was giving his attention to me the whole night and we were clearly flirting right in front of them, but he was speaking seductively to this girl right in front of me...
What an awkward night- one eye flutter towards me and the other towards Mr. NYC Casa.  The only Eye Flutter should be between Mr. NYC Casa and Priscilla-keep the Eye flutter to your own man ladies and gentlemen=)

No comments:

Post a Comment