Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Visit to the Dry Cleaner with Mr. OCD

Mr. NYC Casa is quite an interesting character like myself and each time I am with him I realize how similar we actually are-it is quite surprising. With his adorable case of OCD, he likes to keep things extra clean so he takes everything to the dry cleaner. 

Living in New York, but visiting Casablanca he stays with his parents and family members, but he is rarely at their home so he chooses to utilize the dry cleaner. 

One morning, Mr. NYC Casa says he needs to stop by his “girlfriends” house to change. I expect to be sitting and waiting in the car while he goes into his brother’s house to change. We pull up in front of the dry cleaner and he says, “Let’s go.” I step into the dry cleaner and he goes off behind the counter and says, “This is my girlfriend- Radia.”

She has an angry look on her face and shakes her head and point to her head indicating him being crazy. I start laughing as he is talking with her and she is rolling her eyes. He is collecting his suits and jackets and ticketing the new items he needs cleaned-this is exactly something I would do as I like to go into my local convenience store and inspect the dates on packages before purchasing.

 

He asks me which suit he should wear for the day and he goes in the back to change. He comes out looking “Zwin” and I sit there with total Eye Flutter.

Radia is just looking at him shaking her head and I start laughing. He asks me which shirt he should wear and I decide to come on back.  I am picking out his shirt and I pass it along to Mustapha who presses it very nicely.  The hot steam is coming up and it feels good as the morning is quite cold. After our joking and laughing, we realize the time is flying by and we have to go. He has a client to see and I have a business to run- Casablanca morning at the drycleaner-unforgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment