Wednesday, March 20, 2013

God Sends Angels

 

One day a student contacted me via phone for a consultation. On the phone, his voice tone was heightened and he sounded a bit stressed with a sense of urgency in his voice.  Upon meeting him, my first impression face to face was very different from our phone interaction. He was calm, sweet, and apologizing for his English not being good over the phone (Moroccans or those with English as a second language consistently apologize for their English not being good).

We met at Paul’s cafe (My favourite French cafe of Casa). He sat with me telling me his dreams about going to the USA and becoming an Animator. When he speaks, he sounds like a Harry Potter character with this fairytale like quality and such a sense of hope.  His lovely, kind spirit made me feel calm and content as he spoke.  He expressed his interesting in improving his English pronunciation (which this happens to be many student’s first concern).  He tells me about a current movie project he is working on and I am excited for him. Unfortunately, I recently found out his movie project was cancelled, but he remains very positive.

When leaving the cafe, we walk together up Zerktouni and he expresses such interest in getting out of Morocco, which I emphathize with and try to understand how that must feel. Being talented, but stuck in Morocco and not being able to explore because you are restricted by money, visas, and societal norms.  Morocco is a beautiful country, but to never explore outside of it not fair or beneficial to someone like him.

He said that he wants to help my business grow and help with marketing i.e. in newspapers, magazines, and build my website. I told him it was is very sweet of him, but not necessary. (Good intention by yet another Moroccan, but I just do not have any belief in his statement because of the limited “word-action” follow through.  He insists on helping me and reassures me that he stays true to his word(he said this without me even commenting on all the disappointment I have experienced). 

We get to my church and we say our “Goodbyes.” He dropped a piece of paper on the ground and I went to give it to him and within seconds-he was gone.  I continued walking up the street to see if I could catch him and he had disappeared...I guess he must have walked away quickly or perhaps he had some other errands for God.

While he is a real person, he just feels like an Angel to me. I met him one time after this incident and his presence is so innocent, sweet, and selfless. He spent the whole day trying to help me market in the rain.  We went to speak a woman for the newspaper, a friend of his who makes videos, and a website marketer.  We took a long walk together discussing various marketing tools and ideas.  He is consistent with his words and actions, which is what I need. Consistency helps me stay sane as people disappoint and disappoint. Now of course, I had to wonder and question a bit if there was a romantic link here, but I do not think so as he mentioned his girlfriend.

When people want to help me, I want to help them. He says just being with me helps him as I know he feels the same spiritual connection I do.  I tell him we can start practicing English dialogues together to help improve his pronunciation and he declines. I tell him I can take him for dinner next week and he declines. I tell him, “Don’t worry we we will get you to the US into the program you want.” He says, “Please it is okay, I do not want your help.” He truly means it and he will not accept my help-just a kind, selfless human being or just an angel.....

Some messages he sends me:

Dont worry I will help you. Im your friend.

May God Protect you. Don’t worry God is with you. Don’t worry I am here for you.

I pray for God to protect you forever and ever...

 
 
Sarah McGlaughlin-Angel 

No comments:

Post a Comment