Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Just Can't Wait Anymore


I said this in my previous blog and I will say it again, “For all the times I have been late and made people wait-it is now time where Karma comes back around to me.” The past 1.5 years I feel like I am constantly waiting for someone or something. It is a consistent feeling of waiting and waiting and waiting again and again and again. Mr. NYC Casa has improved a lot, but now he is back to his old ways.  It is waiting for a director to message or email me, a student, a server at a restaurant to bring the bill, a friend to message-it just feels like constant waiting.  Instead of being direct with “Yes” or “No,” people just like to keep you waiting because they are afraid to say “No” involving the “Pride, Shame, and Honor” component previously discussed in posts.  People feel to ashamed to say “No” as they want to be loyal and helpful.  When it comes to cancelling, people do not want to cancel leaving you to ask them one time, two times or three times until they will actually cancel.  For instance, with my student I have to message him a couple times to get a response otherwise he will just inform me an hour before our session or sometimes a few minutes before.
While setting up strict boundaries to enforce this can help, people will still engage in their same behaviour.  This is just a cultural component, I question whether or not I can deal with over and over. It is quite disappointing, exhausting, and time consuming.  The change for this would take centuries and centuries and Pris can’t wait for that change to happen.  Take the bad with the good and just keep waiting for the time being

No comments:

Post a Comment