Monday, March 4, 2013

Are you lonely tonight?

My lovely, lovely quite religious student says to me,"I get a sense of loneliness from you Priscilla." We are just taking our five minute break and this is what comes up. Apparently, our spirits are both connected where he feels the lonelieness, which is present. Even with my positive, upbeat, and smiley attitude- he can see that it is just a mask to hide the loneliness that is really going on.  He reassures me that things will get better with time and I truly feel God's spirit when he says this statement-"Just hold on and things will change for the better."

After this discussion, I decided to be social and meet my friend at the Villa De Artes exhibit.  Natasha is also an expat, which I meant at her art exhibit in Racine. At the exhibit, we shared a lovely discussion with an art teacher from London, enjoyed some mini quiches, and commented on the various pieces.  There were two rooms filled with collages and the rooms upstairs had more abstract works. Towards the end of the show, I ran into a few friends from the other exhibits. They were so welcoming and friendly and they made me feel good.    At the end of the night, I didn't feel so lonely, but I felt happy to be around others and see my friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment