Thursday, March 28, 2013

Missing the Moment

While God presented me with the perfect opportunity- I repeat the perfect opportunity to take the high road and  leave with class, a perceived image of happiness, and a clean heart. Priscilla decided to be a naive, stupid girl and accept the invitation to go out with them.  Since he did not ask and his friend did, I even asked, “Would it be okay Mr. Casa?”

Oh please!

We went out with Mr. Vespa’s cousin and wife, Mr. Vespa, and Mr. Casa.  As I sit next to him, things feel a bit awkward, but we are talking and keeping things friendly. His English is not very good, but I don’t comment on this because I am nice. Although, he makes a comment that “I’m not very smart.” Ha! I will not even go there with him as I will let him ego inflate to think he is Mr. Intelligence.

We arrive and walk inside and memories come flooding through. I run into my girlfriend from the cupcake shop and this could not have been a more perfect time to see her. I sit with her, her Irish boss, and other friends.  There are no tables open so I am kind and ask to make space for Mr. Casa and Mr. Vespa. I figure Mr. Vespa would be sitting with us too, but it was just Mr. Casa who came to sit right next to me.
                                                      Irish Man and Irish Woman
 
                                                                    Adorable Kelty

 


We sit together and she keeps commenting on how beautiful I look and her friends say the same thing. It must have been some glow produced from Mr. Casa, which lead people to just keep commenting on how I look.  Her friend also comments that he thinks I am Mr. Casa’s wife. I start laughing and Mr. Casa acts like he did not hear it. 

As time goes by, I just sit there like a doll in place.  I sit quietly and do not speak much, but keep myself reserved.  I felt nervous with him sitting next to me and I felt his eyes on me at various moments. Without any hesitation, he placed his hand on my leg and I just stared at his hand and thought, “What is he doing?” I sat down at the table and I saw him speaking to Mr. Vespa and looking at me from the corner of my eye.  He just kept looking at me with such big eyes and a huge smile(if he only had a mirror to see himself as he demonstrated more interest than me). 
Perhaps, he was really just saying to him, “Yeah she is totally into me I am sure she will go home with me at the end of the night.”

The chances of it actually being something sweet are slim to none with the overall result of the night.  Towards the end, there is a disagreement at the table and he places his arm around me. Before you know it, we are in the car holding hands and I am resting my head on his shoulder.  I feel like we are right back where we started as it really felt like nothing had changed..

In the car, we are blasting Arabic music and we are all dancing and being silly. It begins to rain and his friend is joking around opening up the window and getting me wet.  Mr. Vespa is singing and being his crazy self. And there is Mr. Casa and I just sitting with one another feeling content.

At this point, I am just enjoying the moments and watching myself go right back into the Arab Spider’s Web.  He invites me to his friend's wedding and I say "Yes."  As he knows I do not like Armstrong so we end up going to Rose bar.  It is surprising that he actually  caters to my interests, but it was all part of his master plan.

We arrive at Rose bar, which is situated right on the ocean and I stand there in front raising my arms up in the air and looking up into the sky and standing high above the ocean. 

“Hello my dear God- thank you for these happy moments.”

Inside Rosebar, things get even more interesting and the hotness gets bumped up a notch.  Not drinking and absolutely loving the DJ, we begin to dance close with one another.  It is getting very close and I try to back up and distance myself, but he is glued to me.  He goes to the bathroom and he tells me to stay with Adil?  I see him for one night and he thinks he can control my each and every move.

While I was standing with him, again I just keep getting attention. I highlight this because it is strange receiving so much attention, but I figured it out. I have a glow of happiness and I am standing with him and these men are attracted to this look and this feeling.  From each table, I felt eyes glaring at me. And I had a plan to go and start talking to one to make Mr. Casa jealous, but I did not get a chance because he was so close to me at each minute.  He just would not leave my side and we had a great time dancing. I was floating in memories and happiness. The touch of his hand was different as he had a tighter grip. It felt like he had missed me with the grip of his hand and his protective behavior-clear and evident.  

There was something different about his grasp on his hand- he would hold my hand tight like he did not want to let go.

I sat down to speak with a Moroccan girl who is headed to Miami for Winter Music festival and we were talking about DJs. I see Mr. Vespa whispering to him and them looking at me again. What are they saying??
While I tried to be rational and be strong and uncaring, I just got completely caught in his web.  Being with him felt so good and I did think “Wow what if we get together and things feel this good again.” I was stuck inside of his Arab Spider web and it was too late for me to escape. 

To be continued.............

No comments:

Post a Comment