Sunday, January 6, 2013

American International Womens Club of Casablanca


Priscilla is in the process of becoming a member with the American International Women’s Club in Casablanca.  The requirement is to speak English, but members are from Morocco, UK, the states, Canada, France, Russia, India, and other places abroad. The women on the board are older, but very sweet, kind, and lovely. 

Being involved in the community is beyond important.  I have to keep building my connections and meet the “right” people to get my foot in the door. These women are lovely and so welcoming and a few of them I feel like I have known forever.  I went with them to Bouskara farm where we enjoyed an art lesson and ate some wonderful cous cous, fresh vegetables and fruits right from the farm.  The artist, Mustafa, an older gentlemen married with four children, was quite a pleasure to speak with about the change in Europe and his art life in Casa.

This meeting with the club gave me hope and made me realize that I am not alone.  The thing with Casablanca is “I can not give up.”  After I broke up with Mr. Casa, I just isolated away from people.  But this is not going to get you anywhere.  You need to stand tall and believe in yourself.  If you are having a  bad day, hope for a better one tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment