Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Its Cold Wear A Jelaba

People in Casa dress in their winter gear wearing wool coats, fake ugh boots, scarfs, big sweaters, and the fleece jelabas.  The fleece jelabas are pretty much like long pajama gowns that are super warm and comfortable. It is quite questionable wearing them outside the house and each time I see it just doesn't seem right, especially when they are worn with slippers(yes slippers).  Since when it is it appropriate to wear slippers, striped pajama pants, and fleece pajamas OUTSIDE the house. I am not quite sure this is acceptable in any country, but it seems to work here.  Perhaps, if I wore these fleece jelabas outside I would not be so cold all the time, but this will be one sight Morocco will never see!

Also, with the cold weather, there is seriously no insulation in the houses in Morocco. The weather gets cold yet the buildings are definitely not prepared for it. Sana and I recently discovered that my house is pretty much colder than outside. This is largely due to the fact that I have marble walls and floors, but still inside the buildings it always feels cold-at least to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment