Monday, January 28, 2013

Beep, Beep, Beeeep

That is the exact sound of the horns honking away in Casablanca. They beep once, twice, and then the third time lasting for about two minutes straight. One of my co-workers couldn't have said it better "A whole bunch of beeping for a whole lot of nothing."  My theory is that there is more created traffic than actual traffic.  These people seriously do not know how to drive. It seems like each time I am on the Zerktouni it gets worse or it just depends on my articulation based on how much patience I have been granted for the day. 

The driving goes is something like this.....

 
Does this look organized to you? In places like India, Istanbul, New York, and LA-there is real traffic. India especially is a hott mess because it has a billion people living there and you have bikes, donkeys, fruit vendors, rickshas, vespas, and more on the road.  In Casablanca,  there are not that many people here and it is manageable if people would learn some basic rules of the road.  People do not follow any rules of the road and they just drift from lane to lane as if they were floating on a cloud. 
 
 
 
 
As you can see from this presented picture above, you have all cars driving outside of their designated lane. Per my friend Matan, the driving situation is "out of control." There are so many times I am sitting in a taxi where I look in front and I look behind and there is no traffic, but the traffic is created just between 5 cars on the road. They are braking excessively, drifting, not using turn signals, and beeping like there is no tomorrow.  Stop beeping the horn when you are all responsible for the poor driving situation.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment