Sunday, January 6, 2013

Better Off Alone?


The Classic song by Alice Dejay, “Do you think you’re better off alone, Do you think you’re better off alone?”

After losing two great guys in a row, I wonder am I just better off alone? It seems that my independence often gets in the way, but I pull back to test the relationship or to challenge it rather than just accepting it and loving it.  For instance, I will resist my feelings towards men saying that  “I do not need them to be happy and I need to focus on myself.” How does this focusing on myself work out for me? I end up falling on my face.

Are these just the wrong men for me completely? Do I fight my feelings for them because in my heart I know something is not right? Are there better men out there for me? Does God have another man for me somewhere out in the world? Do I just need time to get my life in order and be alone? Have I become too independent for a relationship? Is having a man whom I love and care about and having my career such a bad thing?
These questions surface, especially when I think about Mr. Bigg.  I saw a future with us.  I saw happiness.  But it never quite ended rather it was just beginning and I jumped on a plane and moved to Casablanca-nice move Priscilla

No comments:

Post a Comment