Sunday, January 6, 2013

Church and Meaning

                                                                    I love my Church!

Going to Church each week does not mean you are a good person.  One can go to church and be completely empty of God’s love and just be present like a child who shows up for class just because they have to.  There have been times where I have been at church and felt completely disconnected, but I went because I was trying to spend time with my higher power and dedicate this time towards him.  Nothing about going to church comes from selfish motivation rather it comes from

It is the feeling, the connection, and the time spent talking to God.  We get so busy and wrapped up in minutes, hours, and days that we forget about taking time to be thankful, to talk with God, and to be one with him. 

In Morocco, those of Muslim faith have this connection and recognition of God throughout the day. I see it in their eyes, their body language, their interaction with others, and their prayer.  While Muslims and Christians are of different relgions- God is only one. 



When I sit in church, I do not understand the French, but overtime I pick up the melodies of songs, the small prayers in between, and I try to be mindful and focus on his presence.  It is a day for him and a time to pray for important people in my life because I know he is listening and watching over me.  My mistakes are learning experiences and my struggles are to be overcome with hope, faith, and surrounding myself with goodness-community, support networks, and good quality people.  God will not let me drown in pity and sorrow, but he will let me thrive in potential and purpose. Amen

                       My Beautiful Churche's Stained Glass

No comments:

Post a Comment