Sunday, January 6, 2013

Time to profit off Gifts


My friend, Arash, from Los Angeles, California was a life coach. He was also my life coach and friend.  Four years ago at 24, I really started to think about up my company name-Believe in your Purpose. I started work on my website that went unfinished and I lost focus of my independent company and work continuing to work in the “safety zone.” The safety zone being working for someone else in the daily routine, inside the box lifestyle.   

With the advice of Arash, I realized that I was aware of the gifts I had received from God, but I was not “profiting off these gifts.” Fo example, working in social service agencies paying very little and giving therapy to others for free often.  He said I would not reach my financial goals if I did not work to my potential in a entrepreneurial  way.  To this day, Arash is absolutely right.

When your mind is functioning in an entrepreneuriral, independent way with awareness of needs and wants of people and systems- it becomes time to cut off the third party and do your own thing.

It has been a lot of talk and less action over these years and for 2013, things will be changing.  The coaching of my dear friend will be taken now-better late than never. It takes hard work, dedication, and a belief in myself and potential.  With God on my side, we can work together to create a international company that crosses oceans, rivers, and mountains but helps people all over the world.

Arash confirmed that I was working to my potential, but he saw me also doing different jobs.  His vision was/is for me to be the Director of a High fashion show. I can also see this and I also see myself interviewing others on television and traveling location to location.

While staying true to my purpose to work in social service, I had always worked for someone else when I knew I could be doing the same thing on my own. I was never brave enough to get outside of the safety box, take responsibility, and be my own boss.  The working of two jobs for so long to afford my lifestyle, working in social service while waitressing by night and weekends, waitressing in nightclubs, hustling inside the box.   

At 28, the time comes where I can visualize the need for my work and purpose here in Morocco. I can hustle inside my own box where I set the rules on when, where, and how to play ball. I do not have to listen to an incompetent supervisor, be friendly to a co-worker I do not want to talk with, be rigid with time, hours, and time off. 
Writing about the socially constructed life in America , I am aware of how easy it is to get stuck in the daily routine and then wake up wondering where you life went.  This life can be healthy and work well for some people, but for others it is holding them back from their real purpose.  Being aware of my purpose and knowledge of systems, I need to break from comfort and shift towards leadership and responsibility. One can choose to be in or out. They can also negatively influenced by those stuck in the socially constructed life who do not want you to leave. 
It’s my life, it’s now or never. I ain’t going to live forever. I  just want to live while I’m alive. It’s my life… .Bon Jovi

No comments:

Post a Comment