Sunday, January 6, 2013

When Someone Loves You

When I was in Udaipur India, I walked into a beautiful art gallery.  It had three floors of art ranging from an abstract look to landscape to portraits.  I was so impressed with the gallery and was asking so many questions about the artist. The man watching over the shop was doing his best to answer questions, but he knew little about the meaning behind the art.  After about 15 minutes of walking around, I was standing in front of one specific piece.  It was a picture of Udaipur with the palace, the lake, and the spectacular sunset.  It just connected with me and made me feel alive.    Standing there and taking in the beauty, a man taps me on the shoulder.  He is tall with a kind smile, ash gray hair, and a nice looking face. 

He said to me, “So you like the work.” 

Priscilla: “Yes, I love it.” “To complete all these works you would have to be painting a lifetime”

Artist: “It has been a lifetime. I started painting at 10 years old.”

Priscilla: “You are living in your purpose.”

Artist: “Yes, and it is a gift.”

When he speaks, he speaks softly and calmly. When he speaks, I feel his warmth and honesty.    I immediately redirect all my questions about specific pieces to him, his favorite types of work, and his motivation or inspiration for painting.  He invites me upstairs to the third floor, which is his loft. We walk up the spiral staircase and I keep admiring the walls covered in arts   It looks like a palace fit for a king-typical Udaipur style.  We have tea and he tells me about his exhibits around the world and his desire to go to New York to display his work. 

When he speaks he looks deeply into my eyes and I look down a bit nervous and shy(I am 28 years old going on 10 sometimes) .  His name is Logan(names are changed to confidentiality purposes).  While he did grow up in India, he also spent a lot of time in Switzerland and has some background from there.  We are sitting and talking and he expresses his desire to paint me and I express my interest in being his student. He tells me that he is feeling a very strong attraction towards me and he enjoys being with me.  He requests that I come back later to meet him and I am bit a hesitant and shy.   I tell him that I am suppose to take the bus out tonight and I really have to get going.  He says he will be in his gallery all day hoping that I come back.  Something told me to stay and to spend sometime getting to know this artist. He also wanted to paint me so I was quite intrigued by this, but I was leaving the magical city of Udaipur. 

It was 8 o’clock and I was walking around the market looking for a Rajasthani traditional skirt I had seen and wanted to purchase.  I walked past his gallery and he was standing by the window.  He saw me and called my name, “Priscilla, Priscilla.”

Priscila: “I’m sorry I have to go. I have to catch my bus.”

I just kept walking and did not turn around again until the end of the town.  The truth is that if I turned around I would have stayed and I had to keep moving. The road was waiting for me….

This was just the backstory

Today, it has been 8 months and he emails me all the time confessing his love and desire to be with me.  He says he is painting all the time working for us and our future.  I do believe in him as an artist and I do have an attraction towards him, but I have not taken it serious at all.

While I have been traveling and he has been at various exhibits, we have not met yet, but he always requests me to come and see him.  Country to country, I email him back informing him on my location and he has not come thus far. This has happened in my life where there are men who love me and would do anything for me, but I do not give them a chance.
 
The nice guys seems to finish last, but maybe they should be finishing first.....

No comments:

Post a Comment