Monday, January 7, 2013

Fast Forward to December 2012


After watching Sex and the City and crying over Mr. Casa-yes again.  The only other person I cried over this much was my ex-boyfriend Warren and that was a 2 year relationship not one month.  My motto for a long time running was “Another one bites the dust, another fish in the sea, move on.” That just does not seem to happen with this guy, but I am torturing myself by not going out and not distracting myself enough.  I just keep feeling loss and regret, like it was my fault. It is less missing and more, “Eff  your lost something great, you’re an idiot.”  

But lately I have been a bit too emotional-I guess that is clearly present in this blog.  My phone rang at 9:00pm on a Friday night and the ID did not show up.  I answered and a smooth and sexy voice came through the phone.

I had avoiding the calls of my one good friend who pulled the “Lets be romantic card” on me and it sounded like him.  He played a guessing game and said, “Don’t you know who this is baby?”

“Is this Adil?”

And then I flipped my phone over and looked at the ID and it was Mr. NYC Casa.

“Omg, Omg How are you?”

I could not believe it was him. His English sounded like perfection and he spoke so beautifully and sounded so sexy. Wow, I was floating on a cloud. 

“I sit in despair, but God taps me on the shoulder and reminds me everything will be okay, Priscilla” These people, moments, signs, and words that remind me of my higher power and his love for me.”

He went on about his companies, running for government elections, talked about his house in Casa and Marrakech, and he asked about my life in Casablanca-how I liked it, where I live, and then went on with his normal routine“lets promise the world to Priscilla all in one conversation.”

“Babe I will take care of you and I will help you get connected with the right people.” “I will be there soon.”

“You don’t give up and I don’t give up either.” Maybe this is a blessing for you and me.”

Even if these words were a lie, they were they were the sweetest tasting lies.

“Everything will be Alright”

God he had no idea how much I needed to hear that. If there was anything that came out of that conversation it was those words.  Him saying that, “I will be resting on his shoulder until I get to the top.”  He just knows how to lie so well or maybe they are not lies, but they are the “Moroccan false promises” because they want to help you and make you feel comfortable, but then they don’t deliver.

The pizza is ordered, but it doesn’t get delivered on time and actually it ends up getting delivered to someone else’s house

All the right lies I needed to here. I got off the phone feeling so happy and then I had an epiphany about what happened last time-the false promises of going to Marrakech for the summer, me packing my bags and we never ended up going-what a fool to sit and be happy when this man wasted so much of your time. 

I decided he is not a focus or a priority, but just someone who maybe I will see or maybe be a good network for Casablanca-that is it because I can not date another busy, unavailable man like Mr. Bigg.

No comments:

Post a Comment