Sunday, January 6, 2013

Shhhh Dont Tell a Word.....

Over the years, if I had a dollar for everytime someone said, “Please do not tell anyone else or I have never told this to anyone.” I would be one rich, psychologist.  Working together with my higher power, he brings me certain clients and people for reasons and I am always happy to help. 

You will see me at a party sitting and talking to someone for one hour and as time goes by I still look at them with genuine interest and caring-this is living in your purpose. It is wonderful to be able to listen, coach, and help so many people throughout my lifetime that is still just beginning.

Building a real empathy and caring towards another and allowing them to feel comfortable in the shared space is a significant part of the therapeutic relationship. When people do feel like this, they will reveal things you can not imagine, things that make you wonder how long they have been bottled up inside, things that make you concerned for how this impacts themselves and others, how they feel when they go to sleep at night and they are alone, and how they cope. 

With the label of therapist, social worker- people feel that they can confide in you because this is your profession of course.  Although, with the people that come across my path, there are many that God wants me to meet, help, and share my energy and heart with.  Or even little interaction with local people that make them smile or make their day a bit happier- it is all worth my while.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment