Monday, January 7, 2013

It's Time


I have been working two jobs on and off since the age of 15 years old and I am now 28 years old.  If I was not working two jobs, I was either going to school and working or working and working.  For my Bachelors degree, I worked part time, volunteered, studied like an absolute nerd(loved, loved Loyola) and partied even harder.  For my Masters degree, I had an internship, an accelerated degree program, and a part time job working Monday-Saturday from 10 to 3 am.  People always asked me, “How do you get time for your studies?” The answer is simple:
The busier I am, the more I get accomplished-plain and simple. When you put your mind to something important, you can always make time for it.  When it comes to school, I always loved what I was studying so I made time for it and I have just always loved school.  It is not a matter of choosing work over school, but finding a balance is key.   I was making $200 to $300 a night working at a night club hostessing- not just any nightclub, but Avenue and Lavo-two of the hottest clubs in New York and the most celebrities-not a bad job at all.  The money was coming in, but my studying, writing, and reading were also racking up the time as well. 
Anyways, the point here is that I have studied and worked so much that I can not work for anyone else.  At this point, there is way too much going on intellectually and I have significant knowledge of people and systems to know how to navigate and work them all by myself. People may think this sounds arrogant or egotistical, but is pure honesty. 
My friend in Turkey(born in New York, functions like me on a certain level of efficiency and analyzing of systems, behavior, and how things SHOULD function) gave some great advice to me one day sitting at a cafe in Istanbul.  I will never forget when he told me that we are not ordinary people rather we function on a different level-working together-he notices and I notice it as well. We just can’t work for idiots or inefficient people when we are smart and thinking bigger than them-it makes no sense.
The time is now to put all of this work, reading, traveling, and education together to create my own brand, my own name, and do it all alone with the assistance of my higher power and those angels that are sent by God, especially the one right now in my life. He is the agent who showed me the apartment who consistently stays in my life, helping me with my questions, and apartment problems.  What an amazing human being to help me- good karma will come his way.

No comments:

Post a Comment