Sunday, January 6, 2013

Better Off Alone PART DEUX

Overtime, we become so accustomed to our own ways of life whether routine, interests, or characterlogical traits we grow into.  I have become inundated with my independence. It is difficult to just lose this independent side and give it all away to one person.  It takes time to break our habitual behavior and it takes time to let someone else into our world. 

But what if this independence has been damaging all along? Having a lack of stability and real affection and love can lead a person to thrive without it or lose themselves in inconsistency.  We need security, stability, and love to thrive as human beings.  We need hugs and kisses for everyone to tell us “everything will be okay” even when it will not be okay.  We need people to love us unconditionally and not judge us for our mistakes and life choices.

Where is that person in my life? Now having my guru in my life, I do feel loved by a real human being as the only real support I have is the love of my higher power.  I do have the love of my friends, but it is just not the same level of consistency and there is lack of communication. 

Although, many people have authoritative parents, at the end of the day their parents still love them.  I remember growing up spending a lot of time with friends’ families.  I came to their house all the time, we cooked, we had dinner together, barbecues, and it was so lovely being a part of their family.( Not to say that I did not my own family(my mom prepared the most amazing dinners, cakes, breakfasts, and cookies (love you mom) .  Going through the normal years of adolescence, my friend was quite the handful staying out after curphew and dating many boys.  The one thing I remember is that no matter how big or small her learning experience, her parents were always there to catch her. 
 Where is my safety net? I work with my higher power to create a safety net and get through life one step at a time, day by day, breathe by breathe, moment by moment..... PRIS

No comments:

Post a Comment