Sunday, January 20, 2013

I miss my Friends

People who know me know that I am a social butterfly who loves people and loves to make new friends. In Morocco, I came with an open mind meeting many people my first couple months. The outcome to all this friend searching resulted in a lost boyfriend, a lost girlfriend, and a bunch of "fake friends" with alterior motives. 

After that fiasco, I meet the people who matter.  Those from organizations or through friends of friends-getting to know the people that are good, real people-this is a challenge in Morocco. Some are good people and they want to help and others show their true colors when you least expect it.   
Now, I spend a lot of time alone and a lot of time working. There are nice friends that I have- a few of them have unfortunately ended. One moved away, one ruined my relationship, and one is experiencing some personal problems. 
There are some nice American girls I met, but they are quite young only 21 and 22 years old. This does not mean we can not be friends, but it is just not the same friendship dynamic for me.  Often, my friends are in their thirties or the ones my age are a bit like me-mature and experienced. 

Often I reflect back on my life and think about my friends in Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York. I made some true friends and the times we had together were memorable.  When I get in touch with them, it just reminds me of how much I miss them. They always say the right things, they care, they love me, and they don't judge me.   They are just wonderful and they help remind me I am cared about and loved from afar. 

Sometimes Priscilla just misses being the happy, bubbly American girl who had friends to just sit and laugh with about anything and everything, enjoying some fish tacos and watching the sunset, cooking dinner together, staying up late and talking, gossiping about boys and our future- priceless moments  

                Real Friends make it all worth it................

No comments:

Post a Comment