Saturday, January 26, 2013

No More Vacation

It is quite interesting how my higher power sends me signs to stay home and work. Each trip I have taken out of Casablanca, something has gone wrong or multiple things have gone wrong  and I just tell myself,
" I want to go home" or I just shake my head because I know where I should be and what I should be doing.  I clearly get the message that I should just take it easy and not go off exploring-those days are over. This is not to say I do not want to explore anymore, but I need a break.

I crave routine, boring life, sitting at home, cooking dinner, reading, writing, and working on my business stuff-that is it. Routine, Routine, and Routine are my words to live by. 

After my recent vacation, I have decided that I will not be taking a vacation until I  truly deserve a vacation.  A vacation is not something one should take for granted. It should be cherished, enjoyed, and well deserved.  One should work very hard and earn a vacation and this is what makes it feel so good. If you keep repeating vacations over and over, they eventually lose their charm and wonder and you receive the “Traveler Blues.” This will be described in another post, but I have experienced these and so have my friends.  

Traveling for 8 months before beginning  Summer work in 2012, I was pretty much on a one year vacation whether I like to admit it or not.  There was volunteering, yoga, ashram time, reading, writing, adventure, and sightseeing, but I was not “overworked” by any means.

This means that I have to work very, very, very hard until I feel that I have worked so hard I can take a couple days off. The only time I plan to be traveling to other cities will be for an organization or a commitment for someone else.  There are those spontaneous trips that might happen, but not planned at all.   There is not enough time for vacation when there are many other things I have to be doing. 
But when the vacation time does come, I will not be off exploring I will be enjoying the luxury of Morocco sitting at a 4 to 5 star Riad enjoying an Oulmes and reading a book...

1 comment: