Saturday, January 26, 2013

ADIDAS-All Day I Dream About Shopping

                    

Many times throughout the week, I just sit and dream about shopping. Usually, this happens after I buy a pair of stockings that have a hole the next day, a pair of shoes with the emblem falling off, or a blanket with missing threads.

I sit and think, “Just a few days-Oh the beauty of just a few days in the US to shop.”

This was previously discussed, but the shopping in the US is an absolute luxury when you are spending your time in countries like India, Turkey, and Morocco. These countries have beautiful traditional gowns, antiques, lamps, mirrors, rugs, religious clothing, etc., but when it comes to real shopping-they are drowning in cheaply made stuff.

The decent stores that they have are Zara, Mango, and Bershka, but this does not offer the wide range of quality and brands I am accustomed to.  I miss BCBG, DKNY, Guess, Michael Kors, Rachel Roy, the sales from Macys, Loehmanns, Nordstroms, and Bloomingdales.  I knew the sales were amazing, but I never knew how amazing until I went abroad. The quality of clothing you get for the price can never be beat-maybe in Europe of course like Spain and London are suppose to be good. I have just become accustomed to quality from a very young age.  I can not just buy poor quality stuff just to buy it. It is black and white where I would rather walk around wearing the same thing than buy cheap, poorly made clothing, shoes, or purses.  The Moroccans I do know shop in the US if or when they go or they cross over to Spain, Paris, or Italy to do their shopping and I completely understand why. 

For the time being, I just buy basics and what I need from Mango and Bershka until I can make a trip to Spain or maybe even the US where I can do some real shopping-one day, but until then I will just keep dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment