Monday, January 28, 2013

Priscilla Visits Operation Smile


Last week, I met with one of the Directors for Operation Smile at the Casablanca location.  It was great to see the magic that was happening all in one place- surgeries happening hour by hour and kids lives changing forever-amazing.
 After visiting the site and discussing my goals and interest in involvement, I signed on to become a Fundraiser for “Operation Smile" and also volunteer my time for the Missions, which are completed a few times per year.  When we put both our heads together, we came up with the idea of incorporating my teaching with fundraising.  Starting to work with various companies and private clients teaching “Business English” in Morocco, it would be effective to spread awareness about a great cause while teaching lessons. If I incorporate “Operation Smile” into some of my lessons this would benefit a greater cause and this makes me feel good.

It came straight from the source that this would be the best way I could help the organization and I  100 percent agree with this fact.  Operation Smile is an organization that requires medical procedures daily to help children receive better lives.   When it comes to volunteering with organizations and my experience, it has definitely evolved over the past ten years. It is not about just volunteering my time on a weekend I have free or helping out at a soup kitchen.
I have to think about my involvement on a grander scale utilizing my education and skills to the fullest. This would mean that I would need to fundraise and educate others on the importance of this organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment