Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Beauty of Benches

What is it about benches that make you reflect on your life and choices?

Yesterday at dinner with Gioia,Italian and her Moroccan boyfriend, I just envied their simplicity and happiness.  She does not know much about Casa, but she has her boyfriend, his friends, and his warm loving family.  Why couldn’t I have this? God gave it to me and I lost it.  I thought that going out and meeting new people was more important than something beautiful sitting right in front of me.  I lost my Arabian magic carpet ride-a carpet with love, happiness, and friends.  It was me who made things complicated rather than keeping them simple.  I had to go out and run from him instead of run into his arms.

Now I have to start over and it feels hopeless. The grass is not greener on the other side, especially when the weather is cold and people are hibernating.  Gioia and her boyfriend discussed that Casa is a place to work and sleep.  The city is sleeping and it is not alive. Why am I here? Something tells me to hold on and not give up… I am keeping the faith and holding on.

No comments:

Post a Comment