Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas in Casablanca

There are two main churches in Casablanca with one being my church: Notre Dame with only French services and Christ Roi with English services.  I had never been to Christ Roi for the sole reason being I could never find it-cab drivers would take me to an old church that is not even opened.  But on Christmas Eve God guided me to this new church for the first time, Christ Roi, which is a warm, welcoming church filled with Filipinos! It was so nice seeing Filipinos! Where have they been all this time? I had no idea they were living in Casablanca! 

We sang Christmas songs together and I just kept singing “Holy Night” to myself all day and night-it makes me feel content and connected to my beautiful higher power.  These days are not days about gifts, money, and trees (yes these things do make Christmas nice), but it is about religion and dedicating these days to my higher power.  At 11pm, I went to the midnight mass at Notre Dame Cathedral.  The choire was great as usual and they had the church decorated nicely, but I think it could have been a bit nicer. My favorite priest was unfortunately not there, but still it was a nice service.

Christmas Day 

"Oh Holy Night the stars are brightly shining, it is the night of our dear savior’s lord.”

Being super busy, I had not gone out for a while and I wanted to go out to celebrate Christmas.  After a fabulous fish dinner at the Port with my doctor, I went to my favorite book store to buy a new book, “The Pilgrimage” by Paulo Ceolo-one of my favorite spiritually connected authors.  Then I bought a new agenda and enjoyed a cupcake from my favorite place J’Adore.  My friend picked me up and we went to Bodega for live music and some tapas.  It was a nice low key, simple Christmas with Church being the highlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment