Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pris, Sana, and Marrakech


Leaving Casablanca on December 28, 2012- it was not quite time for a vacation. I am busy starting up my company and have a long list of things to do, but I had already made a committment to my dear friend, Sana, who came from London to see me and Morocco.  We had planned to go to Marrakech for a few days for the New Year and then head back to Casa....always an adventure as Agadir got added on to our travel itinerary.

Off we went with our friend Mr. B listening to Arabic music and making jokes. Vitamin D= Love- my funny friend talking about his desire to be in "love." Oh Mr.B!  We stopped to pick up his friend, Mr. T, and went for lunch. Just going for a three day trip, these boys brought a lot of luggage, which left a lack of space in the car. As you can see, they had a dynamic conversation with eachother via the suitcase. 



 My dear friend, Sana, just loves her English tea and had been deprived of one all day long. Desperate for English tea, but the confused Moroccan staff not understanding her requests-she decided to take Moroccan mint tea, mix it with Lipton tea, and add some milk to it.  It was quite entertaining to watch and I am not sure if I will ever see this repeated again.
 
 

Our buddies were planned to go to Agadir, but they invited us to come. We decided to stick with our plans and stay in Marrakech, which included dinner at Jad Mahal, a stop at the lovely Sofitel, and dancing at Le Comptoire, and La Casa(two hot spots of Marrakech).  It was a night with lots of Belly dancing, but the best belly dancing seemed to be at Le Comptoire and La Casa. La Casa put on an amazing performance by the kitchen staff-it was one of the cutest things I have ever seen-singing and drumming with pots and pans and cooking utensils-oh Morocco so adorable.
                                                                     
                                                           Jad Mahal Palace                           

 
 

 
 We both ordered a yummy Thai salad for starter, cous cous for Sana and Salmon for Pris, and for desert I had some amazing Creme Brulee and Sana had an Apple aka Fake apple pie
 
                       Here is Sana "fake smiling" for the camera. From broken English of Mr. B:
                                          Belly Dancing at Jad Mahal= No Good!
 
 
 
 
 
I loooove the Sofitel Marrakech!
 
 
 
The best performance of the night at La Casa
 
 
PRIS + SANA
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Loooooove the pics...especially the one with the suitcase! Brings back memories...."only love" lol! I write this as I am drinking my beloved cup of english tea...ahhhhh

    ReplyDelete