Saturday, January 26, 2013

Stay Inside Futbol Maniacs on the Loose

For some stupid reason, they decided to put the futbol stadium in the main city centre of Casablanca. Usually, stadiums are built on the outskirts of cities for reasons that I’m sure may or may not be proved through research. 

With a stadium com
es crowds, increases in traffic, increases in crime and violence, etc. Therefore, building a stadium in the middle of a busy city centre, which already has enough traffic, crime, and craziness is not the brightest idea. If I can side with the stadium creators-perhaps they did not know how big and booming Casablanca would become as they built it over 20 years ago.

When there is a futbol game on, it is absolute obssession.  It feels like the whole country stops.  Men sit at cafes with their eyes glued to the TV.  If someone has a plan with you, they most likely will cancel it to watch the futbol game.  There is complete madness on the streets. They shout, chant, come up to the car, bang on the windows, shout, scream, throw objects in the air, and waive the flag. I have experienced it first hand and thought it was fun, but now I realize it not safe to be outside when there is a futbol game-way too much testosterone going through the air.  My friend said to me "Some of the best advice I can give you is to stay inside when there is a futbol game." I agree wit her that woman jeopordize their safety walking outside during these times as young boys(I like to call them Moroccan punks) will tease you, bother you, and get in your face- it is not a nice experience.
Watch the futbol game at home and stay indoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment